Friday, March 13, 2015

really really fat

Many Indians have a very funny habit of giving hyped praise which most of the time gives suspicion to the victim, and other people do it to make the victim happy. My aunts all do this very often. They would always say, "you are so thin, how do you Maintain this?" , " slim and beautiful" , tell me the secret " etc etc and I would obviously give an exaggerated smile with a blush, even though I would know that they are bluffing (and me not being as thin as they would show me with their words). This year, when I visited them, not a single person has uttered a word.  I realized how truly fat I have become.

2 comments:

  1. Being pleasant in conversations without uttering a blatant lie is acceptable.Tell the truth,tell the pleasant and do not tell the pleasant if untrue is the dictum to be followed.Also it is not proper to tell unpleasant even if true.
    I have been following your scribblings blog.Is this your main blog?

    ReplyDelete